Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. Here are six great reasons not to wait: https://goo.gl/eyosVz
In todays “HOT MARKET” it is still a matter of importance before listing your home to remember – You only make a first impression once.
Many sellers are under the assumption that their home will sell as it is. This may be so, but do you want to risk not getting the highest price possible. This all starts with the first impression. This first photo seen on line is usually the outside of the home, this first thing a buyers see when driving past the home is the exterior. Why not take the extra effort in making the curb appeal of your home the best you absolutely can before listing your home.
Here are a few simple suggestions that will not break the bank but will have a tremendous effect on the curb appeal of your home.
- Repaint the front door and replace the hardware
- Update the house numbers
- Add or update light fixtures by the entrance
- Rinse or sweep the driveway regularly and reseal holes and cracks
- Check your roof for any missing or badly curled or damaged shingles that need to be replaced.
- Clear all gutters and downspouts of any debris
- Trim any overgrown shrubs, remove weeds and tidy up planting areas.
- Add colorful flowers and shrubs where possible
- Add new barkdust if this is something that you already have in place.
- Keep the lawn trimmed
- Walk the fence looking for loose slats or missing components. Make sure all the latches and gate are working properly
- repaint if necessary
- Wash everything- the windows, front door, porch and garage doors.
- Pressure wash the driveway and sidewalks and siding.
These are just a few simple things that will help improve the overall curb appeal of your home.
Remember Selling your home is work and buying a home is fun, make your home stand out to the buyers.